Bettah Bettas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bettah Bettas

A place to learn about bettas and share your finned friends.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New fishroom :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cajunamy
cajunamy

New fishroom :) Empty
PostSubject: New fishroom :)   New fishroom :) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 am

I'm right in the middle of cleaning up my son's un-used bedroom to move all my fish in there. I plan on keeping it closed off, with a space heater keeping the tanks about 80F I can't wait!

It's been a hard decision - I want my kids to have their own bedrooms, but Matthew doesn't even use his room. Abby is currently sleeping on a crib mattress Embarassed I have a 3 bedroom house, with a study, but it just doesn't seem like enough room!!!!

The kids have been wanting a bunk bed - neither of them like to sleep alone. Abby does it, but she tries to get around it every night. Our house's central A/C is broken right now - the outside unit needs replacing which will cost $1500 Shocked We had planned to replace it with upcoming income tax return, but we also need to replace our roof - and that is the priority. We have 2 window a/c's right now. One in the dining area, which is next to my craft room (study) and one in my bedroom.

Well, summer here is fast approaching. It gets very very hot, and is a wet heat so it's very uncomfortable. I've lived here all my life and I can never get used to it. Well there will be no air conditioning in the back of the house where the kids' bedrooms are, so tonight I decided that I will get the kids a bunk bed, and move both their rooms into the large craft room. They will have lots of room for their combined toys, the bunk bed, and dressers. There is also a built-in desk in here for homework and arts and crafts. This way when it gets too hot in the summer, they can sleep in their own room, which has a ceiling fan and a window a/c right next to the room. I'll be moving my crafts either into the back of the kitchen where my fish are currently set up, or into Abby's current room. It will likely be the latter of the two.

The only thing that concerns me is in a few more years when Abby will want her own room. By then, we should hopefully have the central unit fixed, and she can move into her old room. Or, we can door up the current craft room, and she can keep that and Matthew take her current bedroom. (confused yet? lol) OR by then I may not even have as many running tanks/be breeding anymore so it will work out even better. But for now, I think this is the best solution.

Now that the novel is over, here is what I'm proposing! Moving all of this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

into this room:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The pro is obvious - heating the whole room will cut down on tank heaters and electricity. There are 2 cons though: the floor is carpetted and it's farther from the only sink in the house that my gravel changer hooks up to. That one is easily remedied though - I'm going to go to my local hardware store and get a 50' length of hose and replace the one on the water changer. If the water changer ever breaks, I think I will buy a water hose.

Now moving the kids into the craft room and moving the craft room is a WHOOOOOOLE 'nother story lol
Back to top Go down
http://cajunbettafish.wordpress.com

New fishroom :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bettah Bettas :: Betta Care :: Tank Care-
Jump to: